Laws & Regulations
We legally have to ID you and confirm the validity of that ID before you can enter the shop, no matter your age. All of our staff are certified in Safe Sales and ID Compliance through the Boulder Police Department. For a look at what types of ID are accepted, see the list at the bottom of this page.
Adults aged 21 or older are entitled to purchase up to one ounce (28 grams) of cannabis per day. You are allowed to possess one ounce at a time.
You can be from any state or country to purchase cannabis, but it is illegal to leave the state of Colorado with cannabis products. Mail and air travel are interstate/international organizations and cannabis is federally not recognized as legal, so it is still illegal to ship or travel with cannabis.
We are cash-only, as cannabis is still federally illegal and credit card companies are federally insured. Don’t worry though, we’ve got an ATM inside for your convenience if you need it.
There are open container and DUI laws for consumption of cannabis while driving. Any cannabis you have with you should be kept in the trunk or out of reach of the driver’s seat. Also, elk jump out of nowhere and bikers are all over and let’s just keep everybody safe, yeah?
For official information on DUIs in relation to cannabis, see: https://www.codot.gov/safety/alcohol-and-impaired-driving/druggeddriving/marijuana-and-driving
The law of the land regarding where to consume: private property. If you’re staying in a hotel, ask your concierge where an appropriate location can be found. Don’t go out in the woods with anything lit and bear in mind that federal land is still subject to federal laws (this includes Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Roosevelt National Forest, etc.). For a current fire danger map, see: https://www.coemergency.com/p/fire-bans-danger.html
A valid ID must include:
- Individual Name
- Current Address
- Expiration Date (not expired)
- Birthdate which indicates an age of 21 or older
- In good condition (no cracks, chips, damage or inability to read essential information)
- Security formatting associated with that particular form of identification (seal, watermark, logo, paper type, etc…)
Types of valid ID that are accepted include:
- State Issued Driver’s License
- Passport Book
- Passport Card
- Active Military valid ID (with picture and birthdate)
- Colorado Native-American Tribe Card
- Colorado Temporary Driver’s License paperwork with voided Driver’s License
These types of identification are not considered a form of valid ID and are not accepted:
Note: Not all IDs that are not accepted are noted here.
- Permanent Resident Cards
- International ID Cards
- Non-Colorado Temporary Driver’s License Paperwork
- Employment Authorization Card
- Government Agency ID
- Offender ID Card